The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts Ltd.:
• Has been in existence for 40 years.
• Administers a non-subsidized, self-supporting annual budget of more than $50K.
• Has a Silent Auction of donated art from Festival artists.
• Pays an Oconomowoc city park fee for the use of Fowler Park.
• Is fully insured.
• Is governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors.
• Meets year round.
• Presents artist awards totaling over $3,500 annually.
Artists from around the country:
• Apply for only 135 available spaces in the festival.
• Submit online digital photographs, which are juried by a qualified panel. (see Artist Information for more details)
• Pay a flat fee to exhibit in the show. No percentage of their sales is shared.
• Compete for ribbons and awards in the following categories: Best of Show; Ceramics; Fiber; Glass; Graphics; Jewelry; Mixed Media; Painting; Photography; Sculpture; Wood.
More than 500 local community volunteers:
• Provide security for the park.
• Act as Hosts and Hostesses during the festival.
• Provide food & drink under the direction of local churches & service clubs.
• Coordinate 30 hours of mostly volunteer entertainment on three stages.
• Entertain nearly 1,000 young people each year in the Children's Area.
• Provide free shuttle bus service to and from the festival.
• House Artists in their homes if requested.
• Furnish a picnic buffet on Saturday evening for all participating artists.
Over the years, the Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts has given away more than $60,000 in scholarships to local students pursuing studies in the fine arts.